Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Worth Watering: He loves me despite myself

Worth Watering: He loves me despite myself

This blog entry is from a sister website - Worth Watering. In this poem, Ms. Mimi talks about her relationship with God, how He has touched her life and her relationship with Him. I love the creativity, energy and passion Ms. Mimi puts into her poetry and I just thought you might just like to check it out as well!

Here is an excerpt from her poem:

He loves me despite myself

That is what I love about him
I have strayed, played, have been negligent in my treatment of him
Yet, whenever I call, he answers
I hang my heavy head.
Without questioning he forgets
each irresponsible thing I've said or done

He's the one.



Check out Ms. Mimi's blog to read the rest of this Awesome poem for yourself!

4 comments:

ms mimi the mocha soulchild said...

Thank you so much Sonya for posting this! I am so honored. You made my day.

I think as we develop our relationships, we need to keep in mind that God is first!

Anonymous said...

I just loved this poem! It reminded me so vividly of when I first 'fell in love' with God. When He was all I thought about, all I wanted to think about, and I spent hour after hour with only Him. It was wonderful! I only hope I will always remember to hold Him in the same high esteem I did when I first got to know Him.

Keep up the good work! (And let me know when your first book of poems is coming out...)

une princesse à paillettes said...

Great reading your blog post

une princesse à paillettes said...

Awesome blog you have heere