Monday, November 12, 2007

God's Thoughts of You

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

I think a lot about the above scripture. In this scripture, God is talking through the prophet Jeremiah to His people who have been captured in Babylon. They were not to be released for another 70 years and were losing hope, hurting and feeling lost and bereft without their God. In Jeremiah 29, Jeremiah offers advice and comfort to the Israelites and reminds them of these most important words of the Most High God - "I know the thoughts that I think toward you...thoughts of peace, and not evil, to give you an expected end." What does that mean - an 'expected end'? The Contemporary English Version of the Bible translates this phrase to "a future of success." Isn't that amazing - God was promising the Israelites that they were in His thoughts and telling them He knew what the future held for them - success and, by association, spiritual and financial prosperity.

And that's what you can take away from this scripture today - that you too are in God's thoughts and He has an 'expected end' for you. He means good things and not evil towards you. He wants future prosperity and success for you. That you are not forgotten, overlooked or alone.

Just remember - God is thinking of you - right now - and His thoughts towards you are good.

God Bless

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello there,
Awesome scripture and one of my favorites. I read and use many different translations but my favorite is the Amplified bible when I study.
Jer 29:11 amp.
11For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

Isn't it awesome that He has plans for our very welfare, to give us hope in our final outcome?!?
God is awesome!

Amjad said...

hi there...

i have some questions about Christianity if you would like to help...

please do tel me if you like to be asked

thanks

be back soon God willing

Anonymous said...

DESPITE THE CREED

Thou dost know, Lord, that I believe
Muhammad´s vision false,
His ethos prone yea to deceive,
In which a subtext crawls

Abhorrent to my Christian soul
(Insofar that I follow
The ways of Christ): it seems a hole
In which submitters wallow--

Submitters to a falser creed
That verges on the heinous--
Yet I will not, as though by greed
Though Neptune or Uranus

Be guiding spheres, make crime against
Believers of that Book
Hoarily (as ours) evidenced
As with a rash deal struck.

I am not fond, as they are fond
To kill apostasy,
For Jesus, I feel, saw beyond
That notion´s falsity.

It is not right, to maim and kill
Because vague allegation,
And soldiers too, with all their skill
Serve neither God nor nation,

In so committing unjust acts
Of war; despite the creed
Errant as but perverts the facts
By some jihad indeed.

Sonya Triggs-Wharton said...

Hello Amjad:

Ask away!

Anonymous said...

I love that scripture. When everything around me is going wrong, I remember that God has no part in it. Because His thoughts towards me are peace. He wants good things for me. It boosts my confidence and help me keep fighting.

Anonymous said...

Speaking about plans/purpose; you have to see this video...


Dr. Myles Munroe - The Power Of Purpose
(http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=59B03A0C012983FB)

mencari kebenaran said...

1 would like to ask you baby..where is the story of jesus when he was at thirteen tiil twentynine years old
in bible??

and the second is when the first time jesus was potreted?
and who was his photograper?
what kind of brand of camera was used?

the third is.. is jesus the GOD OR human being?

did jesus ever give instruction to pray on sunday?

is there in bible if jesus one hundred present human and one hundred present GOD?

is there in bible said if you believe jesus as the GOD you will be entered to the heaven

1 need your answer as fast as possible..ok